Move over Hershey and Nestle! You’ve been outdone! Now, I know that’s a bold statement to make, but you just wait until you’ve tried this…you’ll be converted, trust me. And not just because it’s cheaper, healthier, simple, and can literally be made in just a few minutes…but mostly just because it’s so stinkin’ good! Ya’ll enjoy, and lemme know how much you love it!
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 heaping teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients, whisking until totally combined.
2. Heat over low heat until everything is dissolved, whisking often.
3. Allow the syrup to begin to bubble and/or froth before turning off the heat. This will give you a nice syrup, good for everything from chocolate milk to topping your ice cream. For a thicker syrup, allow it to remain bubbling/frothing for several minutes, whisking continually.
4. As the syrup cools, be sure to whisk very often, to avoid a crust forming on the top layer.
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.